The 2021 SCHH Conference Registration
- Registration Closed
With the health and safety of our participants in mind, the Low-Income Housing Coalition of Alabama (LIHCA) is pleased to confirm that the 2021 Southern Conference on Homelessness and Housing will move forward by offering one great program through two different formats. This year, attendees will be given the option to participate in either live, in-person sessions OR live, virtual sessions. While this year’s format will be different, the goals remain the same – to bring together a diverse community of stakeholders to share information, explore resources, discover best practices, and explore innovative approached to address housing challenges.
Considering the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who choose not to adhere to any of the following requirements should not engage in an on-site event hosted by CSI, LIHCA, and/or PASWHA. By attending the Southern Conference on Homelessness and Housing (SCHH) on-site, you certify your compliance with the following:
- Required: Masks must be worn within indoor event spaces (excluding mealtimes).
- Required: All participants must arrive asymptomatic AND have been either (1) fully vaccinated, (2) received a negative COVID test within 2 days prior to the event, OR (3) participate virtually.
- Required: All participants will need to have an executed liability waiver on file, which will be available at registration. If you would like to read the liability waiver in advance click here.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or are currently showing COVID-19 symptoms, must stay at home. Every effort will be made to offer virtual event options. A negative, follow-up COVID-19 test must be obtained and presented before attending on-site.
The theme of the 2021 SCHH is The Pathway Home: Systems Change to Transform Lives. We know that safe, stable, affordable, and accessible homes keep families healthy, kids in school, and help people find employment. While the COVID-19 pandemic has increased the number and scope of obstacles to accessing housing, it has also offered communities the opportunity and resources to change the way we design and deliver needed services to be more person-centered and equitable. Together, we can discover best practices and explore innovative approaches to address housing challenges and develop sustainable and inclusive communities.
Email: email@example.com for group and student discount codes before registering. Confirmed speakers will receive registration code upon acceptance of Call for Proposals.
Registration Fee: $250.00
Conference Registration Incentives:
- Access to the three-day live Southern Conference.
- One year access to Collaborate, our online library for affordable housing, on-demand webinars, resources, and tools - valued at $100
- One year membership to Low Income Housing Coalition of Alabama
- Social Work Continued Education credit
Virtual Platform - Live Features:
- HD video and audio quality
- Live interaction Q & A with speakers
- Handouts, when available, will be attached
- Closed Caption Services
- Group Chat
Collaborative Solutions, Inc. (ACE Provider Approval #1548) is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Collaborative Solutions, Inc. maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/16/2021 - 05/16/2024. Social workers participating in this conference will receive Social Work continuing education credits.
Cancellation Policy 2021: If you must cancel your conference registration, a written refund request must be received by September 13, 2021. If a written refund request is received by this date, your conference registration fee will be refunded. Granted refunds will be processed no later than 3 weeks after the conference. Cancellations received after September 13, 2021, and event no-shows will not be refunded.
Special Accommodations: Although all requests cannot be guaranteed, we strive to create an environment where each attendee has an opportunity to participate fully in the conference. For special accommodations (e.g., sign language interpreters, materials in alternative formats, additional directional guidance, etc.) please contact Valencia Moss, Organizational Learning & Events Specialist, at Valencia@collaborative-solutions.net or 205-939-0411 as soon as possible.
Grievance Policy and Procedure: Your satisfaction is important to us. Therefore, complaints are taken seriously. Complaints might be generated by event attendees, regulatory boards, and/or sponsoring agencies and could involve refund requests, course content/materials, instructor qualifications, event facilities, completion certificates, or other matters. Collaborative Solutions, Inc. (CS) will respond to all complaints in a timely and ethical matter. The steps below describe the due process for complaint resolution.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
High-Level Agenda: Subject to change
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 9:00am-5:00pm Registration
- 1:00 pm-2:30pm Opening Plenary Session- Rita Harcrow, Director Office of HIV/AIDS Housing US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- 2:45pm-4:15pm Breakout Session 1
- 5:00pm -7:00pm Welcome Reception
Thursday, October 7, 2021
- 7:00am-4:00pm Registration
- 8:00am-9:00am Breakfast
- 9:15 am-10:45am Breakout Session 2
- 11:00am-12:30pm Breakout Session 3
- 12:45pm-2:15pm Awards Luncheon - Neil Rafferty , Alabama State House of Representative HD 54
- 2:30pm-4:00pm Breakout Session 4
Friday, October 8, 2021
- 7:00am-4:00pm Registration
- 8:00am-9:00am Breakfast
- 9:15 am-10:45am Breakout Session 5
- 11:00am-12:00pm Conference Closing Session
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
October 6-8, 2021
4000 S Sandestin Blvd,
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
RESERVATION CUT-OFF DATE: The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa will accept reservations, provided there are available
rooms within your contracted room block, until Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at which time any unreserved rooms will be released
into general availability.
Hilton Cancellation Policy: The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa requires a three-day cancellation notice prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation charge of a one-night room and tax.