The 33rd National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS Full-Conference Registration $425
Welcome to the 33rd National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS Full-Conference!
The National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, founded in 1988, is an annual event that offers social workers, allied professionals, and people affected by HIV and AIDS, the connections, tools, learning opportunities, and strategies they need to understand and implement effective practices in their agencies and communities. Our goals for attendees of the 33rd National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS are to gain knowledge, be challenged, and be renewed.
The theme for the 2021 conference is Rise Up HIV & AIDS Social Work(ers)! Social workers know that HIV and AIDS is not merely a health issue but often a result of poverty, racism, homophobia, and stigma. We will not see an end to the HIV and AIDS epidemic without addressing the systems and policies that perpetuate social injustice and continue to contribute to health inequities.
Full- Conference Registration: $
500 > $425 (Best Value! - $150 in Savings)
- Access to the three-day live virtual National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS May 26-28, 2021.
- Access to one Pre-Conference Intensive Practice Session of your choice May 19, 2021. Hosted by the Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV/AIDS (PASWHA). 3.5 CE available
- Early-bird Registration to a live virtual training session in the (Fall 2021) hosted by Collaborative Solutions and Gilead Sciences, Inc. CE credits will be offered.
- One year access to "Collaborate," our online library for HIV & AIDS on-demand webinars, resources, and tools - valued at $100
- One-year membership or membership renewal to the Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV/AIDS (PASWHA) – valued at $100
- Keep It Simple: HIV 101-Facilitator Cicely Richard, MSW
- Best Practice: promoting ethical decision making-Facilitators: Evelyn Tomaszewski, MSW, and Jill Sabatine, MSW, MPH
- Trauma-Informed Supervision: Applying Principles, Concepts and Practices to Support Staff Wellbeing-Facilitators: Lladira Aguilar, LMSW, Katie McCormick, LMSW,
- Dismantling White Supremacy Work Culture: An Interactive and Introspective Capacity Building Management for Case Manager who are nonsocial workers/allied professional-Facilitators: Marcus Stanley, BS, MPH, and Samira Ali, PhD, MSW
This Savings is good through May 19, 2021, at 12:00 noon CST
Collaborative Solutions, Inc. (ACE Provider Approval #1548) is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Collaborative Solutions, Inc. maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/16/2018-05/16/2021. Social workers participating in Pre- Conference will receive up to 3.5 continuing education credits. Social workers participating in the Full-Conference Sessions will receive up to13.25 Social Work continuing education credits.
Use of HOPWA Grant Funds for Participation in the 2021 National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS
The 2021 National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS will take place virtually on May 19, 2021 (pre-conference) and May 26-28, 2021 (full-conference).
The HUD-issued memorandum attached below the HOPWA logo provides guidance to recipients of the Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) formula and competitive grants on the use of HOPWA grant funds to pay for the cost of grantee and project sponsor staff attending this conference.
If you have questions about the use of HOPWA funds for participation in the 2021 National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, please contact the Office of HIV/AIDS Housing at HOPWA@hud.gov.
Agency or groups registering three or more people will receive an additional discount of $25.00 ( Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount code).
Cancellation Policy (2021): If you must cancel your conference registration, a written refund request must be received by May 7, 2021. If a written refund request is received by this date, your conference registration fee will be refunded. Granted refunds will be processed no later than 3 weeks after the conference. Cancellations received after May 7, 2021, and event no-shows will not be refunded.
Russell L. Bennett, LGSW, PhD
Collaborative Solutions , Inc
Dr. Bennett is the CEO of Collaborative Solutions, Inc. He provides national TA, research, consultation, and capacity building around affordable housing, social determinants of health, and services for low-income, vulnerable populations. He has over 20 years of experience working with issues related to homelessness and housing for persons with AIDS. Bennett has experience in working with nonprofit organizations and the Federal government. He is a designated HUD TA trainer and consultant for such programs and systems as HOPWA, SNAPS Homeless, HMIS, and IDIS. Bennett currently serves as the Executive Director of the Low Income Housing Coalition of Alabama and the Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV & AIDS since CS was appointed to serve as the management agent for those entities. Bennett also serves as the Principal Investigator on CS’ research/evaluation projects including as lead evaluator for the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg.